What we do
MAPC's Clean Energy division provides a range of technical assistance services to communities, including comprehensive energy planning and project-specific guidance. Our goal is to advance markets for clean technology while reducing greenhouse gas emissions and dependence on fossil fuel consumption in the Commonwealth.
MAPC Clean Energy Services
Local Energy Planning
- Municipal energy baselining
- Community energy profiling
- Drafting community energy plans
- Facilitating conversations between utilities and municipalities
- Connecting municipalities to energy service vendors
- Community outreach and visioning
Energy-Related Technical Assistance
- MassEnergyInsight and municipal energy data management
- Green Communities applications
- Energy-related grant writing and management
- Shared energy staffing services
- Energy Savings Performance Contracting
- Streetlights (i.e., LED conversions)
- Group purchasing from state contracts
For more information on our services and current programs & initiatives, see the MAPC Clean Energy Division brochure.
MAPC provides technical assistance to help communities plan for and launch innovative and financially sustainable projects that reduce energy use and greenhouse gas emissions in the municipal, residential, and commercial sectors.
Regional Energy Projects
To help communities get lower pricing and better quality of service, MAPC brings communities together to obtain energy-related goods and services. Current regional energy projects include:
- Regional Energy Services Company (ESCO) Procurement
- Bulk Purchasing of LED Street and Outdoor Lighting
- Regional Solar Initiative
- Shared Energy Staffing Services (Circuit Rider)
- District Local Technical Assistance Projects
Clean Energy Updates
MAPC Reports and Toolkits
Clean Energy Maps
- MAPC Energy Projects by Municipalities
- Households Using Home Heating Oil in MAPC Region
- Massachusetts Renewable Energy Projects by Municipalities
- Massachusetts Electricity Providers by Municipalities
- Massachusetts Gas Providers by Municipalities
- Links to tools, reports, financing opportunities and state-wide contracts that can be used to develop renewable and efficient resources in your community.
If you have questions or comments about MAPC's clean energy services or would like to be added to the vendor notification list for solicitations, contact Helen Aki, Clean Energy Program Coordinator, at email@example.com.