District Local Technical Assistance (DLTA) Projects
DLTA stands for District Local Technical Assistance. It was created under Massachusetts General Law in 2006.
DLTA funding helps promote regional collaboration, economic development, better land use and zoning, and environmental protection across the Commonwealth. The funds are administered each year through a competitive process managed by MAPC.
Learn more about past DLTA projects and other project work and intiatives on the MetroFuture in Action Map.
Current request for DLTA project submissions to cities and towns in the MAPC region.
2012 DLTA Project Reports
During 2012, MAPC undertook the following land use planning and shared services projects using District Local Technical Assistance funds, at times augmented by other funds available to MAPC. A summary report of the projects is available as are individual reports through the links below.
- MetroWest Regional Open Space Connectivity Plan: Communities of Marlborough, Southborough, Ashland, Holliston, Framingham, Wayland, Natick, Weston and Wellesley
- Route 20 Zoning Analysis and Recommendations: Town of Sudbury
- Bridge Street Neck Zoning Analysis and Recommendations: City of Salem
- Mill District Re-zoning Project: Town of Saugus
- MetroWest Natural Gas Fueling Station Feasibility Analysis: Communities of Ashland, Holliston, Framingham, Natick, Southborough, Sudbury, Wayland, and Weston (Final report in progress)
- Parking Bylaw Assistance: Town of Bellingham
- Regional Housing Services Feasibility Analysis: Communities of Danvers, North Reading, Peabody, Reading, Saugus and Wilmington (Final report in progress)
- Visioning and Downtown Economic Development Analysis: Town of Swampscott
- Subregional Priority Area Mapping: Communities of Winchester, Woburn, Burlington, Wilmington, North Reading, Reading, Stoneham, Wakefield (Project continuing using Sustainable Communities funding; final report in June 2013).
- Inter-municipal Shared Services - Energy - Outdoor Lighting
- Inter-municipal Shared Serves - Energy - ESCO 2
- Inter-municipal Shared Services - Energy – Solar
- Inter-municipal Shared Services - Energy - Energy Circuit Rider Program
- Downtown Rezoning: Town of Hull
- South Street Mall Zoning and Transportation Analysis and Village Center Visioning: Town of Wrentham
- Boroughs Trail Feasibility Study: Communities of Marlborough, Southborough, Northborough and Westborough
- Zoning Analysis and Recommendations: Town of Winthrop (Final report in progress)
- Comparative Buildout of current versus proposed zoning: Town of Southborough
- The complete report to DHCD on all 2011 DLTA projects
- Walk Winthrop
- South Shore Coastal Adaptation Planning
- Regional Housing Services Office
- Landfill Assessment Project
- Regional ESCO
- SWAP Parking Bylaw Project
2010 DLTA Project Reports
MAPC performed a Housing Services Assessment of municipal time and funding expended on affordable housing by the communities of Concord, Lincoln, Bedford, Lexington, Weston, and Sudbury. MAPC worked with Town Managers from these communities to analyze results, identify overlapping services/ issues and develop and gain consensus on services.
This report chronicles the progress MAPC has made on the Lower Mystic River Project since the 2009 release of our Lower Mystic River Corridor Strategy: Working Together to Achieve the Full Potential of the Lower Mystic report. Includes progress on transportation and open space projects; outreach, education and collaboration projects; and work on the Lower Mystic River information clearinghouse.