What we do
MAPC provides technical assistance and policy guidance to municipalities in our region on a wide range of environmental issues including, but not limited to: low impact development and green infrastructure planning, water resources planning and policy, stormwater management and non-point source pollution, coastal and ocean resource management, watershed planning, green/open space protection, climate change, brownfields assessment, and solid waste and organics disposal.
Recent and Ongoing Projects:
- Massachusetts Food System Plan
- Regional Climate Change Adaptation Strategy
- MAGIC Comprehensive Agricultural Planing Program
- Food Systems Guide for Municipalities (in progress)
- Walking Routes to the Lower Mystic River
- Stormwater Management and Funding
- Multi-Hazard Mitigation Planning
- Neponset River Watershed Water Management Act Planning
- Water Infrastructure Finance Commission Report: Massachusetts’s Water Infrastructure: Toward Financial Sustainability
If you have questions about MAPC's work on environmental issues, please contact Martin Pillsbury, Environmental Division Manager, or Julie Conroy, AICP, Senior Environmental Planner (email@example.com).