What we do
MAPC provides technical assistance and policy guidance to municipalities in our region on a wide range of environmental issues including, but not limited to: low impact development and green infrastructure planning, water resources planning and policy, stormwater management and non-point source pollution, coastal and ocean resource management, watershed planning, green/open space protection, climate change, brownfields assessment, and solid waste and organics disposal.
Recent and Ongoing Projects:
- Massachusetts Food System Plan
- Regional Climate Change Adaptation Strategy
- MAGIC Comprehensive Agricultural Planning Program
- Food Systems Guide for Municipalities (webpage under development)
- Walking Routes to the Lower Mystic River
- Stormwater Management and Funding
- Multi-Hazard Mitigation Planning
- Neponset River Watershed Water Management Act Planning
- Water Infrastructure Finance Commission Report: Massachusetts’s Water Infrastructure: Toward Financial Sustainability
- Neponset Valley Regional Stormwater Collaborative (webpage under development)
If you have questions about MAPC's work on environmental issues, please contact Martin Pillsbury, Environmental Division Manager, or Julie Conroy, AICP, Senior Environmental Planner (firstname.lastname@example.org).