The Government Affairs team works to promote smart growth goals at the local, regional, state, and federal levels. MAPC actively promotes its legislative agenda by working with members of the Legislature on a number of key initiatives. MAPC's priorities come from a variety of policy areas, with a focus on sustainable development initiatives and municipal relief measures to help cities and towns continue to provide quality services with efficiency.
The team works in collaboration with the MAPC Legislative Committee to develop action items and advocate on behalf of the members of our regional community. The Committee is composed of municipal leaders from various cities and towns in the MAPC region and members of advocacy organizations with whom we work closely.
The team collaborates with, provides policy analysis support to, and coordinates advocacy efforts for several influential groups across the state and nation:
- Massachusetts Smart Growth Alliance (MSGA)
- Transportation for Massachusetts (T4MA)
- Metro Mayors Coalition (facilitated by MAPC staff)
- North Shore Coalition (facilitated by MAPC staff)
- National Association of Development Organizations (NADO)
- National Association of Regional Councils (NARC)
- Massachusetts Association of Regional Planning Agencies
- Transportation for America
- Smart Growth America
For more information about MAPC's legislative priorities, budget priorities or its Legislative Committee, contact Government Affairs Manager Lizzi Weyant at 617-933-0703 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.