Sustainable Communities Grant
In 2010, MAPC was awarded a $4 million Sustainable Communities Grant. This grant supported the implementation of MetroFuture through local planning efforts, state and regional policy work, development of tools and data, and capacity building for local residents and leaders. With the conclusion of the grant in the summer 2014, MAPC and its partners are continuing the work we began but via a variety of other funding sources.
- Read the summary of the many and varied accomplishments of Sustainable Communities
- Sustainable Communities case studies:
- Transit Oriented Development
- Agricultural Planning
- Increasing Community Participation in Planning
- Data Driven Planning
- Preventing Displacement
- Transportation Network Connections
- ILEAD Institute on Leadership in Equity & Development
- Learn more about the goals of Sustainable Communities and how the grant is advancing MetroFuture
- View summaries and reports of several place-based projects in Metro Boston that received Sustainable Communities grant funding
Sustainable Communities Consortium
The Metro Boston Sustainable Communities Consortium and Steering Committee participated in cross-cutting dialogues on planning and policy challenges, with the goal of advancing equity and sustainability throughout our region.
- Information about Consortium members
Learn more about who composed the Consortium and its activities.
- Preferred sustainability status
The Metro Boston Sustainable Communities Consortium can help your organization receive "bonus points" when applying for HUD funding. Learn more about how your organization can benefit from our preferred sustainability status.
For more information, contact Amy Cotter, Director of Regional Plan Implementation, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-933-0733.