Looking for information on MAPC’s official meetings and legal notices? Find it here.
Join us for the launch of MAPC’s Access Language Guide for Municipalities, a tool to support establishing your Language Access practices. We are excited to announce that Massachusetts State Senator Sal DiDomenico will be joining us as Keynote Speaker for this event!
- Developing an understanding of the needs of your linguistic communities and how to respond to them,
- First steps you can take towards establishing language access in your community,
- The intersection of Language & Disability Access,
- How to staff for Language Access, and
- Language Access and Events, and so much more!
This Guide will help support you in taking your language access work beyond providing interpretation and translation services within your community to:
- Developing trust with people who speak different languages,
- Creating opportunities to celebrate people’s cultures,
- Investing in building the skills of community members.
In collaboration with MAPC’s Public Health Department, the Equitable Engagement with Community Liaisons webinar will explore how cities are using community-led planning to broaden and deepen engagement with residents. You will hear about projects in three Massachusetts cities leading with equitable community engagement:
- Shawn Luz, Sustainability Coordinator, City of Framingham
- Emily Sullivan, Climate Change Program Manager, City of Somerville
- Richard Harding, Manager, BIPOC Men’s Health and Community Engagement Cambridge Public Health Department