Looking for information on MAPC’s official meetings and legal notices? Find it here.
Join us for the launch of MAPC’s Access Language Guide for Municipalities, a tool to support establishing your Language Access practices. We are excited to announce that Massachusetts State Senator Sal DiDomenico will be joining us as Keynote Speaker for this event!
- Developing an understanding of the needs of your linguistic communities and how to respond to them,
- First steps you can take towards establishing language access in your community,
- The intersection of Language & Disability Access,
- How to staff for Language Access, and
- Language Access and Events, and so much more!
This Guide will help support you in taking your language access work beyond providing interpretation and translation services within your community to:
- Developing trust with people who speak different languages,
- Creating opportunities to celebrate people’s cultures,
- Investing in building the skills of community members.
Join us for the Community Safety Day on the Hill to learn how the Shannon Community Safety Initiative and the Safe and Successful Youth Initiative build partnerships between communities and law enforcement to prevent and address youth violence across Massachusetts.
This will be an opportunity to connect in-person to discuss the importance of annual state funding to support regional and multi-disciplinary youth programming to prevent gang violence.
Mark your calendars, and register to join us!
Questions? Please contact: Rosemary Volinski (email@example.com)