In 2020, cities and towns throughout Greater Boston re-imagined their public spaces, converting streets and sidewalks into spaces that would promote active transportation, social distancing, outdoor dining, multimodal transit, and safe exercise.
Now, in partnership with MassDOT and the Solomon Foundation, the Metropolitan Area Planning Council is inviting cities and towns to look back at their recently-completed shared streets projects.
Please join us next Tuesday from 4 to 5 p.m. for a panel discussion and Q&A on Shared Streets. Municipal representatives will reflect on the complex projects they undertook, share lessons learned, and look forward to what’s next.
- Kate Fichter (moderator): Assistant Secretary for Policy Coordination, MassDOT
- Wayne Feiden, FAICP: Director Planning & Sustainability, Northampton
- Katrina O’Leary: Town Planner, Middleton
- Police Chief Tom Galvin, Berlin
- Ben Cares: Senior Planner and Project Manager, Chelsea