Join MAPC for our program webinar, Electrify Your Community: Charging Station Purchasing 101, on Thursday, February 15, from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM. Tune in to get up to speed on how to install electric vehicle charging stations to power vehicles in your fleet and community. Webinar attendees will learn more about:
- The basics of selecting a charging station, or stations, to meet your needs and reduce costs where possible;
- The benefits of buying in bulk with other communities through the Green Mobility Group Purchasing Program; and
- Available funding and steps to take to include charging stations, and more, in your Green Communities Competitive Grant application or municipal budget.
MAPC and the City of Newton are co-hosting a Community EV Charging Station workshop on Tuesday, May 8, 2018. Whether you’ve already decided to purchase EV charging stations in 2018, or are just starting to think about EV charging stations for your community, this workshop will take you on a deep dive of everything to consider from procurement to installation.
Workshop attendees will have the opportunity to:
- Learn how you can participate in MAPC’s Green Mobility Group Purchasing program in 2018 and save money by buying with other public fleets;
- Engage in discussion with other municipalities considering purchases of EV charging station and learn from leaders in the region with experience installing charging stations;
- Connect with EV charging station vendors on the statewide contract and learn about the specifications of the technologies they can provide.
A more detailed agenda with workshop presenters and location will be distributed in advance of the event. Coffee and light refreshments will be provided.