NSPC will continue to discuss project ideas and will be joined by staff from CTPS to discuss the TIP and Long Range Transportation Plan.
Join the City of Cambridge, MAPC, our partners, and other members of the public for a forum on autonomous vehicles (AVs).
Pre-registration is appreciated, but not required.
The City of Cambridge has begun the process of creating a Future of Mobility Implementation Blueprint to help prepare for and shape new mobility options in a way that meets our community goals, meets the mobility needs of all people who live in, work in, and visit Cambridge, and is well integrated with our sustainable transportation system. This forum is an opportunity for you to:
- learn about the role of the Local, State, and Federal government in managing AVs,
- hear from researchers who are thinking about the interactions between AVs and people, and
- engage with the people behind the technology to gain a better understanding of the state of the technology, plans for the future, and challenges.
- Joseph E. Barr | Director | Cambridge Traffic, Parking, and Transportation Department
- Susanne Rasmussen | Director of Environmental and Transportation Planning | Cambridge Community Development Department
- Alison Felix | Senior Transportation Planner and Emerging Technologies Specialist | Metropolitan Area Planning Commission
- Bryan Reimer | Research Scientist | MIT AgeLab
- Ryan Jacobs | Director, Boston Operations | nuTonomy
This event is hosted by the City of Cambridge in partnership with the Metropolitan Area Planning Commission.
In December 2018, Governor Baker’s Commission on the Future of Transportation released their recommendations to address future challenges in transportation, exploring everything from the impacts of climate change to the rise of autonomous vehicle technology. This conference will give attendees an opportunity to hear directly from Commissioners as they present and discuss their findings. Secretary of Transportation, Stephanie Pollack, will offer a keynote address.
This event is free and open to the public, however, preregistration is required. Preregister here. Refreshments will be available.
Rafael Carbonell, Executive Director, Taubman Center for State and Local Government
Stephanie Pollack, MA Secretary of Transportation
Presentation on the Future of Transportation:
Steve Kadish*, Chair, Commission on the Future of Transportation in Massachusetts and Senior Research Fellow, Taubman Center for State and Local Government
- Rebecca Davis*, Deputy Director, Metropolitan Area Planning Council
- Tony Gomez-Ibanez*, Derek C. Bok Professor of Urban Planning and Policy at Harvard University
- Karen Sawyer Conard*, Executive Director, Merrimack Valley Planning Commission
- Moderator- Monica Tibbits-Nutt, Executive Director, 128 Business Council, and member of the MBTA Fiscal Management Advisory Board
Presentation on Autonomous Vehicles Policy:
Mark Fagan, Lecturer in Public Policy, Harvard Kennedy School
- Colleen Quinn*, Senior Vice President of Global Public Policy, ChargePoint
- Carol Lee Rawn*, Director of Transportation, CERES
- Gretchen Effgen* Vice President of Global Partnerships and Business Team, Nutonomy
- Moderator – Kris Carter, Co-Director, Mayor’s Office of New Urban Mechanics, City of Boston
Joe Aiello, Senior Fellow, Meridiam Infrastructure and Chairman, MBTA Fiscal Management Advisory Board
*Members of the MA Commission on the Future of Transportation
Sponsored by the Harvard Kennedy School’s Taubman Center for State and Local Government, the Rappaport Institute for Greater Boston and the Metropolitan Area Planning Council.