Looking for information on MAPC’s official meetings and legal notices? Find it here.
Join MAPC for our program webinar, Electrify Your Community: Charging Station Purchasing 101, on Thursday, February 15, from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM. Tune in to get up to speed on how to install electric vehicle charging stations to power vehicles in your fleet and community. Webinar attendees will learn more about:
- The basics of selecting a charging station, or stations, to meet your needs and reduce costs where possible;
- The benefits of buying in bulk with other communities through the Green Mobility Group Purchasing Program; and
- Available funding and steps to take to include charging stations, and more, in your Green Communities Competitive Grant application or municipal budget.
MAPC and the City of Newton are co-hosting a Community EV Charging Station workshop on Tuesday, May 8, 2018. Whether you’ve already decided to purchase EV charging stations in 2018, or are just starting to think about EV charging stations for your community, this workshop will take you on a deep dive of everything to consider from procurement to installation.
Workshop attendees will have the opportunity to:
- Learn how you can participate in MAPC’s Green Mobility Group Purchasing program in 2018 and save money by buying with other public fleets;
- Engage in discussion with other municipalities considering purchases of EV charging station and learn from leaders in the region with experience installing charging stations;
- Connect with EV charging station vendors on the statewide contract and learn about the specifications of the technologies they can provide.
A more detailed agenda with workshop presenters and location will be distributed in advance of the event. Coffee and light refreshments will be provided.
Don’t miss the second event in MAPC’s MetroCommon speaker series! Join us for a riveting keynote by the transportation thinker David Zipper on the interplay between urban and transportation policy and new mobility technologies, followed by an interactive panel discussion with local transportation planners, advocates, and administrators.
David Zipper is a Visiting Fellow at the Harvard Kennedy School’s Taubman Center for State and Local Government, where he focuses on the interplay between urban policy and new mobility technologies. David advises numerous startups and urban officials about the future of cities and mobility. His writing about urban innovation has been published in The Atlantic, WIRED, Slate, and Fast Company. Learn more on his website, www.davidzipper.com.
Registration and networking will begin at 5:30 p.m. and the speaking portion of the event will begin at 6 p.m. Light appetizers will be served.
Stay tuned — we’ll announce our panelists soon!
The Metropolitan Area Planning Council’s (MAPC) Clean Energy Department is hosting its final webinar for its Equity in Clean Energy webinar series. This event will focus on equitable access to clean energy technologies, specifically models for EV (electric vehicle) equity.
Join us to learn about a local equity-focused EV Carsharing model, EV charging infrastructure at multi-unit dwellings, and to hear about the MAPC Transportation Department’s work in this area.
There will then be an opportunity for Q&A.