Join us on September 21, 9-10:30 am, in the Gordon Room of the Peabody Institute Library in Danvers, 15 Sylvan Street.
Join us on Thursday, September 21st at 1:00pm in Hingham Town Hall. We will be joined by Peter Forman, President & CEO of the South Shore Chamber of Commerce, to discuss South Shore 2030: a comprehensive economic and community development plan for the South Shore region. Peter will present the findings and critical strategies that have come out of South Shore 2030 and Ralph Willmer, Principal Planner at MAPC, will discuss MAPC’s role in the process. Discussion about the plan, as well as ways that South Shore municipalities and the Chamber can best support one another, will follow. Check out more information about South Shore 2030 here!
The December NSPC meeting will focus on Master Planning efforts and best practices in community engagement and advisory committee creation.
Join MAPC and Springboard for the Arts for this exciting workshop exploring the nuts and bolts of creative placemaking as an approach to creative community development.
Click here to learn more.
In December 2018, Governor Baker’s Commission on the Future of Transportation released their recommendations to address future challenges in transportation, exploring everything from the impacts of climate change to the rise of autonomous vehicle technology. This conference will give attendees an opportunity to hear directly from Commissioners as they present and discuss their findings. Secretary of Transportation, Stephanie Pollack, will offer a keynote address.
This event is free and open to the public, however, preregistration is required. Preregister here. Refreshments will be available.
Rafael Carbonell, Executive Director, Taubman Center for State and Local Government
Stephanie Pollack, MA Secretary of Transportation
Presentation on the Future of Transportation:
Steve Kadish*, Chair, Commission on the Future of Transportation in Massachusetts and Senior Research Fellow, Taubman Center for State and Local Government
- Rebecca Davis*, Deputy Director, Metropolitan Area Planning Council
- Tony Gomez-Ibanez*, Derek C. Bok Professor of Urban Planning and Policy at Harvard University
- Karen Sawyer Conard*, Executive Director, Merrimack Valley Planning Commission
- Moderator- Monica Tibbits-Nutt, Executive Director, 128 Business Council, and member of the MBTA Fiscal Management Advisory Board
Presentation on Autonomous Vehicles Policy:
Mark Fagan, Lecturer in Public Policy, Harvard Kennedy School
- Colleen Quinn*, Senior Vice President of Global Public Policy, ChargePoint
- Carol Lee Rawn*, Director of Transportation, CERES
- Gretchen Effgen* Vice President of Global Partnerships and Business Team, Nutonomy
- Moderator – Kris Carter, Co-Director, Mayor’s Office of New Urban Mechanics, City of Boston
Joe Aiello, Senior Fellow, Meridiam Infrastructure and Chairman, MBTA Fiscal Management Advisory Board
*Members of the MA Commission on the Future of Transportation
Sponsored by the Harvard Kennedy School’s Taubman Center for State and Local Government, the Rappaport Institute for Greater Boston and the Metropolitan Area Planning Council.