Promoting Smart Growth & Regional Planning
The Minuteman Advisory Group on Interlocal Coordination (MAGIC) is a group of 13 communities northwest of Boston working collaboratively on issues of regional concern. Established as a growth management committee in 1984, it has become a respected voice in regional decision-making.
MAGIC consists of planning and select board representatives from the following 13 communities: Acton, Bedford, Bolton, Boxborough, Carlisle, Concord, Hudson, Lexington, Lincoln, Littleton, Maynard, Stow, and Sudbury.
The group focuses on transportation, the environment, energy, open space, affordable housing, economic and community development, and legislative issues.
It provides leadership on planning issues vital to the region's future by:
- Pursuing grants and in-depth studies on topics of local and regional interest.
- Hosting annual meetings with legislators.
- Organizing forums, workshops, and trainings on local and regional planning issues.
- Providing a forum for member communities to exchange ideas and provide updates on developments, challenges, and solutions in their towns.
Stormwater Partnership Meeting
June 5, 2018 | 10:00am-12:00pm
Acton Town Hall, Faulkner Room
472 Main Street| Acton, MA
June MAGIC Meeting
June 7, 2018 | 2:30-4:30pm
141 Keyes Road| Concord, MA
OUR MEETINGS ARE OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
MAGIC Meetings are held the First Thursday of every other month from 2:30 - 4:30 PM at the Concord Planning and Land Management Office, 141 Keyes Road, Concord, MA.
MAGIC hosts workshops and events
of regional interest on alternating months.
- Climate Change Resilience Plan (Completed Plan)
- MAGIC Stormwater Partnership
- MAGIC Regional IT Services (In Process)
- Regional Solar Initiative (In Process)
- Northeast Homeland Security Regional Advisory Council (Ongoing)
- Comprehensive Agricultural Planning (Completed)
- Open and Green Spaces Mapping (Completed) | Maps showing subregional greenpaces, biking and pedestrian trails, recreation areas, etc. are available for each community to have printed.
- Contact Heidi Stucker to receive yours.
- Bike and Pedestrian Plans (Complete) Hudson | Maynard | Stow
- Housing Production Plan (Complete) Littleton
- Inclusionary Zoning Bylaw (Complete) Maynard
- Hazard Mitigation Plans (Complete) Concord | Hudson | Lincoln | Littleton
- Complete Streets (In Process) Acton
- Zoning (Complete) Sudbury