Smart Growth & Regional Collaboration
The Minuteman Advisory Group on Interlocal Coordination (MAGIC) is a group of 13 communities northwest of Boston working collaboratively on issues of regional concern.
Established as a growth management committee in 1984, it has become a respected voice in regional decision-making. MAGIC consists of planning and select board representatives from the following 13 communities: Acton, Bedford, Bolton, Boxborough, Carlisle, Concord, Hudson, Lexington, Lincoln, Littleton, Maynard, Stow, and Sudbury.
The group focuses on transportation, the environment, energy, open space, affordable housing, economic and community development, and legislative issues.
It provides leadership on planning issues vital to the region's future by:
- Pursuing grants and in-depth studies on topics of local and regional interest.
- Hosting annual meetings with legislators.
- Organizing forums, workshops, and trainings on local and regional planning issues.
- Providing a forum for member communities to exchange ideas and provide updates on developments, challenges, and solutions in their towns.
- MAGIC_Work Plan FY 2019
- MAGIC Bylaws, Updated November 2, 2017
- Schedule of Meetings, Updated October 24, 2018
For additional information, please contact the MAGIC Subregional Coordinator, MAPC Assistant Director, Public Health Heidi Stucker at email@example.com or 617-933-0739.
March MAGIC Meeting
March 7, 2019 | 2:30-4:30pm
Acton Town Hall
427 Main Street | Acton, MA
MAGIC Legislative Breakfast
May 2019 | TBD
Details and Registration forthcoming
OUR MEETINGS ARE OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
MAGIC Meetings are held the First Thursday of every other month from 2:30 - 4:30 PM at the Concord Planning and Land Management Office, 141 Keyes Road, Concord, MA.
MAGIC hosts workshops and events
of regional interest on alternating months.
- Municipal Vulnerabilities Preparedness Plans Littleton | Stow | Acton
- Bike and Pedestrian Plans (Complete) Hudson | Maynard | Stow
- Housing Production Plan (Complete) Littleton
- Inclusionary Zoning Bylaw (Complete) Maynard
- Hazard Mitigation Plans (Complete) Concord | Hudson | Lincoln | Littleton
- Complete Streets (In Process) Acton
- Zoning (Complete) Sudbury