Promoting Smart Growth & Regional Planning
The Minuteman Advisory Group on Interlocal Coordination (MAGIC) is a group of 13 communities northwest of Boston working collaboratively on issues of regional concern.
Established as a growth management committee in 1984, it has become a respected voice in regional decision-making. MAGIC consists of planning and select board representatives from the following 13 communities: Acton, Bedford, Bolton, Boxborough, Carlisle, Concord, Hudson, Lexington, Lincoln, Littleton, Maynard, Stow, and Sudbury.
The group focuses on transportation, the environment, energy, open space, affordable housing, economic and community development, and legislative issues.
It provides leadership on planning issues vital to the region's future by:
- Pursuing grants and in-depth studies on topics of local and regional interest.
- Hosting annual meetings with legislators.
- Organizing forums, workshops, and trainings on local and regional planning issues.
- Providing a forum for member communities to exchange ideas and provide updates on developments, challenges, and solutions in their towns.
For additional information, please contact MAGIC Subregional Coordinator Julie Curti at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Status: In Process
- Project Contact: Travis Pollack email@example.com
MAGIC Regional Age Friendly Communities Report
MAGIC Stormwater Partnership
- Status: Ongoing
- Project Contact: Martin Pillsbury firstname.lastname@example.org
- Municipal Vulnerabilities Preparedness Plans
Acton | Concord | Hudson | Lexington | Lincoln | Littleton | Stow | Sudbury
- Bike and Pedestrian Plans (Complete)
Hudson | Maynard | Stow
- Housing Production Plan (Complete) Littleton
- Inclusionary Zoning Bylaw (Complete) Maynard
- Hazard Mitigation Plans (Complete)
Bolton | Concord | Hudson | Lincoln | Littleton
- Complete Streets (In Process) Acton
- Zoning (Complete) Sudbury