Community Engagement Manager
Carolina Prieto is the Community Engagement Manager in MAPC’s Department of Strategic Initiatives. Ms. Prieto develops and implements community engagement strategies that use creative techniques and that have a special focus on including historically underrepresented groups. As a skilled trainer and facilitator, she has developed Equitable and Inclusive Community Engagement trainings for staff and community partners.
Before joining MAPC, Ms. Prieto worked as a community engagement coordinator for the Boston Public Health Commission’s Office of Racial Equity and Health Improvement, where she developed a commission-wide equitable community engagement plan for internal and external stakeholders. Prior to that, she was a health education coordinator at Sociedad Latina and a community development and business coordinator for Go Local MetroBoston.
She graduated from Northeastern University in 2012 with a BA in Organizational Communications.
Areas of Expertise:
- Advisory committee development and management
- Qualitative data including Focus Groups and Interviews
- Arts and Culture planning and engagement
- Comprehensive plan engagement strategy
- Survey development and implementation
- Digital events, including open houses and workshops
Areas of Interest:
- Creative placemaking and placekeeping
- Regional artist housing and engagement
- Racial equity and inclusion
- SMS for engagement
- Creative engagement practices in the digital realm
- Bridging the digital divide