The Metropolitan Area Planning Council (MAPC) is a regional planning agency serving the people who live and work in the 101 cities and towns in Metropolitan Boston. We welcome to our team intelligent, thoughtful and entrepreneurial professionals who are committed to improving the quality of life in Metropolitan Boston.
Our regional plan, "MetroFuture: Making a Greater Boston Region," guides our work and engages the public in responsible stewardship of our region's future.
We work toward sound municipal management, sustainable land use planning, protection of natural resources, efficient and affordable transportation, a diverse housing stock, public safety, economic development, an informed public, and equity and opportunity among people of all backgrounds.
MAPC is governed by representatives from each city and town in our region, gubernatorial appointees, and designees of major public agencies. One of our core functions is to serve as a resource and partner to the region's municipalities.
We welcome to our team intelligent, thoughtful and entrepreneurial professionals who are committed to improving the quality of life in Metropolitan Boston.
For more information, please contact Interim Human Resources Manager Holly Louis at email@example.com or 617.933.0767.
Regular Employee Benefits
As an MAPC employee, you're offered a great career opportunity serving the people who live and work in the 101 cities and towns of Metropolitan Boston - but it's more than a paycheck. Our total compensation package features an outstanding set of employee benefits which you should consider towards your overall compensation, including:
- 75% MAPC paid medical insurance premium
- Reasonable Dental and Vision Plans
- Flexible Spending Account for Health Care and Dependent Care
- Public transit commuter subsidy up to $225
- Low cost basic and optional life insurance
- Retirement Savings plans: Defined Benefit Pension plan through Mass. State Employees Retirement System (MESRB) and a Deferred Compensation 457(b) plan
- 11 paid holidays per year and competitive Sick and Vacation Time
- Up to 5 Discretionary days per year (based on hire date)
- 20 MAPC-paid days for FMLA qualifying events, including parental leave.
- Tuition assistance
- 100% Short-Term Disability and optional Long Term Disability coverage
- Mass4You Wellness Programs and Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development
- Payment of professional dues and memberships
- On-site drop-in yoga, lactation room, and work well fitness challenges
- Mass State employee cell phone data and equipment discounts
- Qualified Employer for Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program