Smart Growth and Regional Collaboration
New Strategic Plan Adopted
The MAPC Council today adopted a new strategic plan for the agency that will guide its work for the next three to five years.
The plan outlines four strategic priorities:
- Encourage development and preservation consistent with smart growth principles, especially by increasing housing production, promoting innovative transportation solutions, and encouraging mixed-use development near various forms of transit.
- Partner with our cities and towns to promote regional collaboration, enhance effectiveness, and increase efficiency.
- Play a leading role in helping the region to achieve greater equity.
- Help the region reduce greenhouse gas emissions and adapt to the physical, environmental, and social impacts of climate change and natural hazards.
Also, read our organizational assessment with MAPC comments developed during our strategic planning process.
Read MAPC's Annual Report for more details on recent projects and accomplishments.
The plan identifies core approaches, too, that MAPC will use to guide its work:
- interdisciplinary practice;
- regional perspective and impact;
- data and research;
- civic engagement;
- innovation and creativity;
- advocacy; and
- achieving results
MAPC initiated the planning process early in 2014 and also undertook an organizational assessment to inform its plan. Both activities were funded by a generous grant from the Barr Foundation and with MAPC resources.