Smart Growth & Regional Collaboration
The North Shore Task Force (NSTF) is a group of 16 communities north of Boston working collaboratively on regional issues.
The goal of NSTF is to cooperate with, and to assist, each member municipality in coordinating its planning and economic development so as to obtain maximum benefits for the North Shore district.
Member communities focus on a broad range of issues that affect the North Shore, including sustainable development, equitable housing, clean energy, climate change and transportation. NSTF is guided by the principles found in MetroCommon 2050, MAPC's regional development blueprint for the Boston Metropolitan area.
Sign up for news and updates here!
Each community has two representatives to NSTF, appointed by either its Mayor or Board of Selectmen. The committee Chairman is elected by the membership annually. An MAPC staff person also provides support to NSTF in the role of Subregional Coordinator.
The Task Force is co-chaired by Katrina O’Leary, Town Planner for the Town of Middleton.
- September 21, 2023, 9:30 a.m.
- October 19, 2023, 9:30 a.m.
- November 16, 2023, 9:30 a.m.
NSTF generally meets virtually on the third Thursday of each month, 9:30 a.m. Meeting dates are subject to change.
Sarah Scott, firstname.lastname@example.org
Get announcements about upcoming meetings here!
Meetings and Presentations
- Regional Electric Vehicle Opportunities and MBTA Communities/3A Technical Assistance Needs (notes here).
- Legislative Update from MAPC's Government Affairs Team
June and July 2022:
- Summer Break!
- Joint Legislative Breakfast with the North Suburban Planning Council
- Rethinking the Retail Strip, Chris Kuschel, AICP, MAPC Land Use Specialists' Manager and Principal Planner
- Climate Resilient Land Use Strategies, Anne Herbst, MAPC Principal Environmental Planner
- MAPC Economic Development Overview, Angela Brown, MAPC Chief of Economic Development
- MAPC Technical Assistance Program Overview, Ralph Willmer, FAICP (former), Raul Gonzalez, and Andrea Harris Long, AICP, MAPC Technical Assistance Program Coordinators
- MAPC Hybrid Engagement Resources, Sasha Parodi, MAPC Events Planner and Special Projects Specialist
- ARPA Information and Resources, MAPC Government Affairs Team