Smart Growth & Regional Collaboration
Accelerating Climate Resiliency Mini-Grant Program
MAPC is working in partnership with the Barr Foundation to accelerate climate resilience in the region by helping municipalities advance strategies that protect people, places, and communities from the impact of climate change.
The intent is to pilot near-term, low-cost interventions through local policy advances, analyses, and actions that drive long-term transformations. In particular, MAPC seeks to leverage projects with investments targeted to advancing climate equity and social cohesion.
MAPC seeks fund six to 15 municipalities with grants ranging from $15,000 - $50,000 this round.
This grant is applicable to the 101 cities and towns in the MAPC region. Regional collaboration and partnerships are encouraged and preferred.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, but MAPC strongly encourages applicants to apply by November 30, 2018. MAPC anticipates grant award announcements in early January 2019.
Please note that all projects must be completed and grant funds expended no later than December 31, 2019.
HOW TO APPLY
Download the application form (which includes further information) under "Materials" below and follow application instructions.
All proposals should target at least one of the seven funding priority areas:
- Strategies that advance nature-based solutions for climate resilience
- Municipal climate resiliency regulations, zoning, financing, or infrastructure
- Support climate coalitions or convening
- Initiatives to boost social resiliency - particularly among at-risk or vulnerable populations and/or neighborhoods
- Local food system or community agriculture and resiliency measures
- District-scale resilience pilots
- Public outreach, marketing, and arts & culture
Please contact Senior Environmental Planner Darci Schofield at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-933-0794.
Announcements and Updates
Watch Accelerating Climate Resiliency Grant Workshop (Webinar)
Applicants were strongly encouraged to attend MAPC's webinar on the Accelerating Climate Resilience Mini-Grant program on Tuesday, Nov. 13. The full webinar was recorded and be be viewed below.