Smart Growth & Regional Collaboration
The Three Rivers Interlocal Council (TRIC) is one of MAPC’s eight subregions comprised of thirteen communities located southwest of Boston: Canton, Dedham, Dover, Foxborough, Medfield, Milton, Needham, Norwood, Randolph, Sharon, Stoughton, Walpole, and Westwood.
TRIC gets its name from the three major rivers in the sub-region: the Neponset, Charles, and Canoe River. The mission of TRIC is to support cooperative municipal planning that links the impacts of growth and development in each town to aggregate impacts felt throughout the region. TRIC meets monthly to review and discuss issues of inter-municipal significance. Participants at TRIC meetings can include Local Council Representatives, town planners, members of Boards of Selectmen and Planning Boards, Town Administrators, Chambers of Commerce, and interested citizen-planners. All meetings and events are open to the general public.
Contact the interim TRIC Subregional Coordinator, Emily Torres-Cullinane, at firstname.lastname@example.org | 617-933-0735
The Three Rivers Interlocal Council (TRIC) is one of MAPC’s eight subregions comprised of 13 communities located southwest of Boston: Canton, Dedham, Dover, Foxborough, Medfield, Milton, Needham, Norwood, Randolph, Sharon, Stoughton, Walpole, and Westwood.
Chair: Paige Duncan, AICP, Town of Foxborough
Vice Chair: Sue Price, Town of Sharon
Second-Vice Chair: Michael McCusker, Town of Westwood
TRIC meetings are generally held on the third Tuesday of each month from 9:00 AM - 10:30 AM at the Neponset Valley Chamber of Commerce, 520 Providence Highway, Suite 4, Norwood.
Each fiscal year, the Council creates a work plan to guide discussions and meeting topics for the subregion. The fiscal year begins in June and ends in July. Check out the FY19 Work Plan here. Revised FY19 Work Plan (Feb 2019) here
Tuesday, April 23, 2019 - Neponset River Regional Chamber Suite 4, 9AM - 10:30 AM - Meeting agenda
Tuesday, March 19, 2019 - NOTE CHANGE IN TIME AND LOCATION - Norfolk Town Hall, 9:15AM - 11:00AM - Meeting agenda
Thursday, February 14, 2019 - NOTE CHANGE IN TIME AND LOCATION - Medfield Public Safety Building, 9:15AM - 11:00AM - Meeting agenda
Tuesday, January 15, 2019 - NOTE CHANGE IN MEETING LOCATION - Norwood Space Center - Meeting agenda
December 2018 - NO MEETING
Tuesday, November 13, 2018 - Meeting agenda NOTE: This meeting is in the 2nd week, not the 3rd, due to the Thanksgiving holiday
Tuesday, October 16, 2018 - NOTE CHANGE IN MEETING LOCATION - Islington Community Center - Meeting agenda
Tuesday, September 18, 2018 - Meeting agenda
Tuesday, August 21, 2018 - CANCELLED
Tuesday, July 17, 2018 - Meeting agenda
Tuesday, June 19, 2018 - NOTE CHANGE IN TIME AND LOCATION - Medfield Public Safety Building
8:30AM - 10:45AM - Meeting agenda
Tuesday, May 15, 2018 - Meeting agenda
Tuesday, April 17, 2018 - CANCELLED
Get more information about the TRIC cities and towns by visiting their Community Snapshot pages, which are provided by the Metro Boston Data Common, and by visiting municipal websites below.
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Massachusetts State Legislature
- Housing and Economic Development
- Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO)
- Central Transportation Planning Staff (CTPS)
- Metro Boston Data Common
- Form-Based Codes: An Introduction by Matt Lawler of Robinson + Cole: what they are, what the intended outcome of their use is, how does one apply them, and a lot more.
- Landline is a vision for a connected & signed network of walking and cycling greenways and trails that will connect the Boston region.
- TRIC comment letter to Boston Region MPO on FFY 2017 to FFY 2021 draft Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)
- Creating a Master Plan: presentation by Ralph Wilmer, FAICP
Town of Dedham:
- MassDOT Plan & Profile for Pedestrian Mobility & Safety Improvements at Elm Street & Rustcraft Road
- Pedestrian Mobility & Safety Improvements at Elm Street & Rustcraft Road
- Current Perspectives on Municipal Interaction with Signs and Billboards, Feb 2016
- Boston MPO Guide Book, Fall 2015
- Boston MPO Cetrification Document Development Schedule, 01/12/16
- Community Transportation Technical Assistance (CTAA)
Town of Norwood:
- Washington St---Upland Road---Prospect St Intersection Improvement Project
- Norwood Westwood US Route 1, Conceptual Improvement Project
- Community Benefit District
- Parking Benefit District
- District Local Technical Assistance for 2016
- Massachusetts Community Compact
- The LandLine Vision: Our Plan for a Connected Greenway Network
- MassDOT Press Release: Acquisition of Framingham Secondary Rail Line