How will recently-passed Housing Choice legislation impact zoning in your city or town? In this webinar, we share what we know—and what we don't.
The Metropolitan Area Planning Council (MAPC), the Citizen's Housing & Planning Association (CHAPA), and Massachusetts Housing Partnership (MHP) hosted this informational session and Q&A on Thursday, May 6 at 1 p.m.
In addition to an overview of Housing Choice and recent updates, we heard from municipal staff on successful rezoning efforts that have resulted in housing opportunities in Massachusetts communities with different needs and attributes.
We heard from MAPC's Executive Director Marc Draisen, Co-Director of Strategic Initiatives Eric Hove, Chief of Housing and Neighborhood Development Karina Milchman, and Land Use Planning Director Mark Racicot.
Other speakers included:
- Mike Kennealy, Secretary of Housing and Economic Development
- Jean Delios, Reading Assistant Town Manager
- Kristen Guichard, Acton Planning Director
- Alex Train, Chelsea Director of Housing & Community Development
- Carolyn Misch, Assistant Director of Planning & Sustainability
- Beyazmin Jimenez, Moderator, Abundant Housing Board of Directors