Municipal Harbor Plan
Public meeting #3: Wednesday, November 28
- Meeting Presentation (English) (Espanol)
- Flyer (English) (Espanol)
- Community Vision Summary
The vision for the Chelsea portion of Chelsea Creek builds upon the area’s considerable history as a driver of the local and regional economy while simultaneously addressing the need to reclaim strategic locations for recreational and cultural uses by residents in nearby neighborhoods. To that end, the Municipal Harbor Plan and Designated Port Area Master Plan present strategies and guidelines designed to (1) enhance public access, (2) increase density of living-wage jobs for Chelsea residents, (3) preserve the industrial and commercial character of the waterfront and adjacent upland area, and (4) encourage water-dependent industrial uses and opportunities that contribute to the local tax base.
Community Vision, Proposed Policies, and Strategies to Implement Them summarizing community input, proposed policies, and strategies to implement them. Includes proposed policies for public access, public programming, economic development, city zoning ordinance, transportation, infrastructure improvements, climate change, and pollution.
Public meeting #2: Saturday, August 18
- Flyer (English and Spanish)
- What We Heard / Lo Que Escuchamos
- Types of Public Access / Tipos de Acceso Público
- Features and Activities / Características y Actividades
- Features and Activities Engagement Exercise
- Existing Streetscape Conditions / Condiciones Actuales en el área
- Streetscape Focus Areas / Áreas Focales del Paisaje Urbano
- Future Uses Along Chelsea Creek / Futuro usos por Chelsea Creek
- Zones for Future Uses / Zonas para Futoro Usos
Interested in getting news and updates about future events delivered to your inbox?
You will only receive updates and events about the Chelsea Harbor Plan.