South Shore Coalition (SSC)
The South Shore Coalition (SSC) promotes informed and active cooperation in planning for growth and preservation in 13 towns on the South Shore within the metropolitan Boston area. The towns are Braintree, Cohasset, Duxbury, Hanover, Hingham, Holbrook, Hull, Marshfield, Norwell, Pembroke, Rockland, Scituate and Weymouth.
Each municipality in the South Shore Coalition (SCC) has one or two member positions, but all meetings are open to the public and anyone is encouraged to attend.
In addition to SSC membership, the South Shore communities are represented by the MAPC Council.
SSC generally meets monthly on the third Thursday of the month from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Zoom.
The South Shore Coalition promotes informed and active cooperation in planning for growth and preservation.
Goals and Guiding Principles
- Promote municipal involvement.
- Plan for growth and preservation of South Shore Communities.
- Collaborate regionally and identify regional projects.
- Engage cities and towns in sustainable planning and identify solutions to shared environmental challenges.
- Support implementation following planning.
- Active communication between municipalities.
- Maintain a pipeline for communication with state legislators.
- Conduct data analysis in South Shore Communities and compare it to rest of the State.