The purpose of this study was to address the following concerns from the Town of Acton regarding the proposed station design and expansion to a double track system:
- Potential for queues at the new pick up and drop off areas
- Inadequate parking at the site
- Potential increases in area traffic
- Safety for pedestrians and bicyclists in the area
- Pedestrian and bicycle connection with the nearby Assabet River Rail Trail
- MAPC observed existing conditions at the site and identified potential improvements and suggestions.
Download the South Acton Commuter Rail Station report below