"Pool testing"—batching samples together and retesting individually if a result is positive—is a way for municipalities and schools to work together to provide regular, frequent, and cost-effective COVID-19 testing.
In this December 14 webinar, attendees heard about a pool testing program led by Tufts University with Somerville and Medford Public Schools, as well as programs in Salem and Wellesley.
Our speakers included:
- Mayor Joe Curtatone, City of Somerville
- Mayor Kim Driscoll, City of Salem
- Mayor Breanna Lungo-Koehn, City of Medford
- Dr. David Lussier, Superintendent of Wellesley Public Schools
- Anthony Monaco, President of Tufts University
- Caroline Genco, Tufts University Vice Provost for Research
- Chris Sedore, Tufts University Vice President for Information Technology & CIO
If you'd like to learn more about pool testing, check out the presenations and resources below or email MAPC Public Health Director Barry Keppard at email@example.com.
- Anthony Monaco Presentation: Tufts University Pooled Surveillance Testing with Medford and Somerville
- Caroline Genco and Chris Sedore Presentation: Pooled Surveillance Testing for PK-12 Schools
- FAQs from the MA Department of Public Health