MAPC is seeking artists, designers, and creatives to produce creative, culturally resonant communications about COVID-19 and vaccinations. We hope to work with artists, designers, and creatives to communicate about the pandemic with BIPOC and underserved communities through graphic design, film, illustration, and other creative products.
The deadline to apply for the grants, which we expect will range from $1,000 to $8,000 is February 26, 2021.
Artists at all levels of experience – including individuals who are currently enrolled in school – are encouraged to apply. We'll consider both individual artists and artist teams.
As vaccine eligibility expands, communities will face new challenges related to the equitable deployment of effective, simple, and evidence-based information that can evoke vaccine confidence so that all residents–including diverse ethnic, cultural, and BIPOC communities –are included and accommodated. Unfortunately, most readily available vaccine-related communications are presented in primarily English-language formats and may not resonate with communities that have been previously treated unjustly by medical systems. While there are examples of creative communications that have been developed with the expertise of trusted community sources, these have often been excluded from mainstream digital communications, and/or from those who speak languages other than English.
We believe that the creativity and resonance that can be expressed by artists has the potential to add urgency and clarity to our messaging. Local creatives are well-suited to assist in closing these gaps and encouraging people to get vaccinated and spread other COVID-related messages.
Visit http://www.mapc.org/covid19-art for more information about how to apply.
- February 12: Call for Artists Virtual Information Session #1, 2 to 2:45 p.m. EST. Click here to register
- February 19: Call for Artists Virtual Information Session #2, 10 to 10:45 a.m. EST. Click here to register
- February 19: Deadline to submit questions at 5 p.m. EST. Send questions to email@example.com
- February 22: Responses to all questions received via email and during info sessions will be posted online by 5 p.m. EST.
- February 26: Application deadline at 5 p.m. EST. All materials must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with applicants full name or team name in subject line of mail.
- March 5: Awards announced by 5 p.m. EST.