Online Open House Workshop
Give your feedback through July 20, 2020
- Part 1: A Real-Time Zoom Event
We recorded the event! Check it out on the Online Open House page.
- Part 2: Online Open House: Open through June 2020
- Topics: Housing | Open-Space/Recreation & Historic/Cultural Resources | Clean Energy & Sustainability
The Metropolitan Area Planning Council (MAPC) is assisting the Town of Rockland in creating a master plan to serve as the town's decision-making guide for land use, development, and preservation for the next 10 years. The master plan will build upon pertinent, recent planning studies to propose multi-pronged short-term and mid-term strategies to help the Town achieve its community development goals. The plan will recommend implementation actions to help the Town invest in its future and work toward its own goals for 2030.
Why Master Plan?
Identify preservation, enhancement, and growth areas
Leave a legacy
for the next generation
on policies, bylaws, and zoning
Provide mutual certainty
for residents and businesses
for town decisions
Tentative Planning Process
We'll be accepting feedback in a variety of ways up to the final plan presentation to the Planning Board in the winter of 2020. Each of these meetings will give community members the opportunity to give their ideas for and feedback on plan elements. MAPC and town staff will integrate community input into the plan at every stage.
Public Forum 1
Monday, September 30
- Process overview
- Existing conditions and demographics
- Key findings and recommendations from recent studies
- Establish goals and vision statement
Public Forum 2
Monday, December 16
- Economic development
- Public facilities
Public Forum 3
- Natural/historic/cultural resources
Public Forum 4
- Draft plan
We'll be posting more materials here as the planning process goes on! Check back for meeting presentations, draft documents, and other documents.
Community Meeting #2 - Transportation, Economic Development, & Public Facilities
Monday, December 16, 2019
6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m
Community Meeting #1 - Help Shape the New Rockland
Monday, September 30, 2019
6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m
- Vision & Goals Exercise Boards
- Map for Vision & Goals Exercise
- Key Questions Regarding Planning Challenges (chance for community input on goals, strategies, and recommendations)